Your are the 915th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 4 1
AuthorPosts

Sandy Shih
TotalPost:5
Wrong Charge and Won't Refund Reply

When I placed an order, there was a kit that I was charged for called "Little Princess $1.99" that I never used. I couldn't remove it. When I deleted my entire cart and started over again, it still made the same charge. I paid for the order anyways because it took so long to put everything together, and I thought that Artscow would just refund or credit me the money.

I sent an email to explain what happened to customer service and this is their reply:
    "Thank you for choosing ArtsCow.com. If you have problem removing the kit or placing an order, you need to contact us before you settle payment. It is not possible for us to refund you the kit fee. When you use the same kit again, you will not be charged."

As everyone knows, it is difficult to actually speak to someone on a phone, and email can take a couple of days. Plus there is no warning that a mistake made by Artscow system would not be corrected or that I had to contact them before "settling payment". I also have no intention of ever using that kit.

I am extremely disappointed. In general, the prices for the products are good, but they make their money from the "shipping and handling" which is outrageous. But I accept that they have to make money somehow and that's their business model. However, being cheap, and "nickel and diming" customers is not how to keep customers. This is very poor customer service.
    ~SS
2/6/2012 13:33:06

Sandy Shih
TotalPost:5
RE:Wrong Charge and Won't Refund Reply

>>>When I placed an order, there was a kit that I was charged for called "Little Princess $1.99" that I never used. I couldn't remove it. When I deleted my entire cart and started over again, it still made the same charge. I paid for the order anyways because it took so long to put everything together, and I thought that Artscow would just refund or credit me the money.
    >>>
    >>>I sent an email to explain what happened to customer service and this is their reply:
    >>>"Thank you for choosing ArtsCow.com. If you have problem removing the kit or placing an order, you need to contact us before you settle payment. It is not possible for us to refund you the kit fee. When you use the same kit again, you will not be charged."
    >>>

>>>As everyone knows, it is difficult to actually speak to someone on a phone, and email can take a couple of days. Plus there is no warning that a mistake made by Artscow system would not be corrected or that I had to contact them before "settling payment". I also have no intention of ever using that kit.
    >>>
    >>>I am extremely disappointed. In general, the prices for the products are good, but they make their money from the "shipping and handling" which is outrageous. But I accept that they have to make money somehow and that's their business model. However, being cheap, and "nickel and diming" customers is not how to keep customers. This is very poor customer service.
    >>>~SS
    >>Hi Sandy,
    >>I am the owner of the kit in question. When you created you items, did you by chance grab an item from the gallery as the base for your design? If you did you may have accidentally taken an item from the kit. Also sometimes if you place an item from a kit into your work and then decide you do not want it and remove it, but remove it by not using the "X", the item may just sit on the edge of your design or hide under other embellishments in your work.
    >>I would recommend that you contact Artscow by customer service again and supply them with the link to the items you ordered.
    >>Hope this helps
    >>
    >
    >Hi Deborah,
    >
    >Thank you for your reply. I used one of the templates to create a hand mirror. I added it to my cart. Then I decided I didn't want the design, because it covered up too much of the photo. So I removed it from my cart. I then made another hand mirror design from scratch. I added that to my cart. But the charge for the kit stayed. Like I mentioned, I tried deleting the entire cart, and that didn't work. So it's a problem with Artscow's system. However, your tips are much appreciated. I will try customer service again.
    >
    >~SS
    >

This was Artscow's Customer Service Reply,:
    "It is up to the customer whether to go ahead with the order knowing there is a problem with it. If you continue to place order, it means you are willing to pay the price. Otherwise, you would have contacted us for assistance if you are not sure about the problem. It is not a problem caused by our system, might be you are not remove the kit at the right page. Thank you!"

Not even an apology of any kind or a suggestion to look into the issue. I don't really care about the $1.99 that was charged. It's the principle of it and I hoped that it doesn't happen to someone else, who spends wasted time trying to correct the problem.
    ~SS
5/6/2012 11:37:20

gaga
TotalPost:57

Hi Sandy. Sorry to hear about this. How did this go?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Photo Designing Newbie
8/6/2012 21:31:09

myphotos
TotalPost:505

I've got to say... I agree with ArtsCow here. You say that you would be charged the $1.99, but chose to pay anyway.

Why would you expect a refund? It's frustrating if a kit is hard to remove from a book, but you shouldn't pay for something in a shopping cart if you see an error in the bill before submitting the order.
14/6/2012 12:45:56
Page 1 of 1, Total 4 1