Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 7 1
AuthorPosts

Sue Brown
TotalPost:7
Using transparent png Reply

Hi,
    I want to make a diary using the photo books. Has anyone tried using transparent png files in photo books i.e. to appear "over" the photos. In my case, I want to superimpose a calendar.

Do you think this is feasible?

thanks
    Sue
21/7/2012 15:55:53

Deborah
TotalPost:204
RE:Using transparent png Reply

>Hi,
    >I want to make a diary using the photo books. Has anyone tried using transparent png files in photo books i.e. to appear "over" the photos. In my case, I want to superimpose a calendar.
    >
    >Do you think this is feasible?
    >
    >thanks
    >Sue
    Hi Sue,
    I have made Calendar months in black and all the space around the numbers are transparent. I have then place this on top of another background. An example is http://www.artscow.com/gallery/calendar/parents-calendar-2012-large-numbers-highlights-family-friends-kids-graduation-baby-christmas-gift-sky222wy3k81.

If the numbers are too dark you can adjust the opacity in silverlight.
    Cheers
    Deborah
21/7/2012 18:31:26

egghead
TotalPost:65
RE:RE:Using transparent png Reply

>>Hi,
    >>I want to make a diary using the photo books. Has anyone tried using transparent png files in photo books i.e. to appear "over" the photos. In my case, I want to superimpose a calendar.
    >>
    >>Do you think this is feasible?
    >>
    >>thanks
    >>Sue
    >Hi Sue,
    >I have made Calendar months in black and all the space around the numbers are transparent. I have then place this on top of another background. An example is http://www.artscow.com/gallery/calendar/parents-calendar-2012-large-numbers-highlights-family-friends-kids-graduation-baby-christmas-gift-sky222wy3k81.
    >
    >If the numbers are too dark you can adjust the opacity in silverlight.
    >Cheers
    >Deborah

Hi Deb. Any advise on how far we set the opacity here?

-----------------------------------------------
    New to designing.
21/7/2012 21:15:41

Sue Brown
RE:RE:Using transparent png Reply

>Hi Sue,
    >I have made Calendar months in black and all the space around the numbers are transparent. I have then place this on top of another background. An example is http://www.artscow.com/gallery/calendar/parents-calendar-2012-large-numbers-highlights-family-friends-kids-graduation-baby-christmas-gift-sky222wy3k81.
    >
    >If the numbers are too dark you can adjust the opacity in silverlight.
    >Cheers
    >Deborah

Okay this is starting to look possible! Thanks Deborah! Maybe I should do a trial one because I want to put my numbers etc on top of a photograph...hmm. But that calendar looks fantastic.
22/7/2012 3:45:47

Deborah
RE:RE:RE:Using transparent png Reply

>
    >>Hi Sue,
    >>I have made Calendar months in black and all the space around the numbers are transparent. I have then place this on top of another background. An example is http://www.artscow.com/gallery/calendar/parents-calendar-2012-large-numbers-highlights-family-friends-kids-graduation-baby-christmas-gift-sky222wy3k81.
    >>
    >>If the numbers are too dark you can adjust the opacity in silverlight.
    >>Cheers
    >>Deborah
    >

>Okay this is starting to look possible! Thanks Deborah! Maybe I should do a trial one because I want to put my numbers etc on top of a photograph...hmm. But that calendar looks fantastic.

Do not make the number too light or you will not see them. What you see is what you get. Remember your computer screen has back lighting!
    If the photo is too bright you can drop the opacity in the photo! No lower than 35-40
22/7/2012 6:10:23

Sue Brown
RE:RE:RE:RE:Using transparent png Reply

>>
    >>>Hi Sue,
    >>>I have made Calendar months in black and all the space around the numbers are transparent. I have then place this on top of another background. An example is http://www.artscow.com/gallery/calendar/parents-calendar-2012-large-numbers-highlights-family-friends-kids-graduation-baby-christmas-gift-sky222wy3k81.
    >>>
    >>>If the numbers are too dark you can adjust the opacity in silverlight.
    >>>Cheers
    >>>Deborah
    >>
    >
    >>Okay this is starting to look possible! Thanks Deborah! Maybe I should do a trial one because I want to put my numbers etc on top of a photograph...hmm. But that calendar looks fantastic.
    >
    >Do not make the number too light or you will not see them. What you see is what you get. Remember your computer screen has back lighting!
    >If the photo is too bright you can drop the opacity in the photo! No lower than 35-40

I did have a trial run but even though I made the transparent PNG the required resolution/size, it looked fuzzy on the preview. The photo looked okay though. Hmmm. Tricky.

Thanks again, Deborah.
22/7/2012 6:13:29

Deborah
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Using transparent png Reply

>>>
    >>>>Hi Sue,
    >>>>I have made Calendar months in black and all the space around the numbers are transparent. I have then place this on top of another background. An example is http://www.artscow.com/gallery/calendar/parents-calendar-2012-large-numbers-highlights-family-friends-kids-graduation-baby-christmas-gift-sky222wy3k81.
    >>>>
    >>>>If the numbers are too dark you can adjust the opacity in silverlight.
    >>>>Cheers
    >>>>Deborah
    >>>
    >>
    >>>Okay this is starting to look possible! Thanks Deborah! Maybe I should do a trial one because I want to put my numbers etc on top of a photograph...hmm. But that calendar looks fantastic.
    >>
    >>Do not make the number too light or you will not see them. What you see is what you get. Remember your computer screen has back lighting!
    >>If the photo is too bright you can drop the opacity in the photo! No lower than 35-40
    >
    >I did have a trial run but even though I made the transparent PNG the required resolution/size, it looked fuzzy on the preview. The photo looked okay though. Hmmm. Tricky.
    >
    >Thanks again, Deborah.
    >
    If you have used the slide on the left hand side to increase the resolution of the article you are making, the item looks more fuzzy the bigger you make it..It is just the graphics of silverlight than it not coping. is your png at 300dpi? Then take the size of you png and divide by 300 (200 will still look good) and it will tell you how many inches the item can stretch to on the article assuming your picture is cler and not fuzzy to start with.. Hope this helps
22/7/2012 8:19:16
Page 1 of 1, Total 7 1