Your are the 726th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 5 1
AuthorPosts

changcai
TotalPost:10
Playing cards template being rejected Reply

I saw the ad that called for boardgame designers to sell their cardgames at Artscow, and earn some commission. I already uploaded my cardgame (Playing cards 54 design) prior to seeing this ad, but I decided to get the designer template for the game since the cost is the same to the buyer, but I get some benefits.

I uploaded my card back and front images to a kit as background elements, then used them to fill up the backgrounds for the Playing Cards. I set the game as designer template, but is rejected. The reason given, after asking, is that I failed the below condition.

"Design templates must contain individual embellishments, backgrounds, borders, layouts etc. Single layered quick pages will not be considered."

I think my Playing Card template is a single layered quick page as it only contains a background image. However, why should a cardgame contain other elements, other than the card front and back images?

The whole process of making this work is so frustrating. It seems Artscow is not really keen on attracting boardgame designers at all. Can anyone tell me how can I proceed from here? I really want to make this work, but I am not sure now if it even possible, given the restrictive criteria above.
6/8/2012 19:40:41

dwaynnyt
TotalPost:54
RE:Playing cards template being rejected Reply

>I saw the ad that called for boardgame designers to sell their cardgames at Artscow, and earn some commission. I already uploaded my cardgame (Playing cards 54 design) prior to seeing this ad, but I decided to get the designer template for the game since the cost is the same to the buyer, but I get some benefits.
    >
    >I uploaded my card back and front images to a kit as background elements, then used them to fill up the backgrounds for the Playing Cards. I set the game as designer template, but is rejected. The reason given, after asking, is that I failed the below condition.
    >
    >"Design templates must contain individual embellishments, backgrounds, borders, layouts etc. Single layered quick pages will not be considered."
    >
    >I think my Playing Card template is a single layered quick page as it only contains a background image. However, why should a cardgame contain other elements, other than the card front and back images?
    >
    >The whole process of making this work is so frustrating. It seems Artscow is not really keen on attracting boardgame designers at all. Can anyone tell me how can I proceed from here? I really want to make this work, but I am not sure now if it even possible, given the restrictive criteria above.

Hi Chang, have you tried to create a support ticket on this already?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Designing Woman was written for the screen.
18/8/2012 23:18:20

changcai
RE:RE:Playing cards template being rejected Reply

Does support ticket means emailing them to ask them what the problem is? I did email them, but the reply is always vague that I gave up that route and see what if this forum can help.
21/8/2012 7:54:42

Deborah
TotalPost:200
RE:RE:RE:Playing cards template being rejected Reply

>Does support ticket means emailing them to ask them what the problem is? I did email them, but the reply is always vague that I gave up that route and see what if this forum can help.
    Hi chang,
    From my understanding a template is a design used to compliment the photos or text of a customer. From what you are saying is sounds like you may have a finished product. People with finished products that they want to sell generally set up a shop using Artsnow and sell their products there. Hope this helps
21/8/2012 13:53:03

changcai
RE:RE:RE:RE:Playing cards template being rejected Reply

>From my understanding a template is a design used to compliment the photos or text of a customer. From what you are saying is sounds like you may have a finished product. People with finished products that they want to sell generally set up a shop using Artsnow and sell their products there. Hope this helps

Thanks! I uploaded my cardgame at Artsnow. The problem is that the price there for 1 deck is $16 ($14 base price, $2 profit). The deck here at Artscow costs only $10. The difference is too much, and I am wondering why the base price increased by $4. At that price range, my 3 deck cardgame will be priced too high. Another thing I am thinking is why can't I just sell the product here at Artscow? As of now, I cannot port my designs from Artscow to Artsnow, and have to create it at Artsnow. If there are any changes, I need to do it at both sites.
21/8/2012 22:17:19
Page 1 of 1, Total 5 1