Your are the 1670th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 2, Total 28 1 2
AuthorPosts

Lori
TotalPost:5
Holy Cow! Extreme shipping charges! Reply

I have 2 photo books, 13 5x7's and 8 4x6 prints in my cart. With the promotion, I don't have to pay for any of the prints and only one of the photo books, so my subtotal is 19.99. Ok, I can handle that. But then I started the check-out process and shipping is 28.76!!! OMG!! That's ridiculous! That's almost a 150% mark-up of my item price. Why is shipping so expensive?? At that rate, I won't be purchasing any of it! Free or not!
19/6/2008 3:50:16

Berry
TotalPost:216
RE:Holy Cow! Extreme shipping charges! Reply

For other websites, they are charging $29.99 for a 8x8 book, and $7.99 shipping. (only include 20 pages, and additional page $1.00), it means that if you want a 8x8 custom cover photo book, you need to pay $47.98

For ArtsCow, we are doing international shipment from Hong Kong, and charge at $19.99, with 11.99 shipping, (But we include 30 pages, and only $0.50/each additional.) With free credit of photo book, you are only paying $11.99

Same 8x8 Custom Cover Photo Book (with 30 pages, quality is even better than theirs).

$47.98 V.S. $11.99

Berry
    ArtsCow.com

>I have 2 photo books, 13 5x7's and 8 4x6 prints in my cart. With the promotion, I don't have to pay for any of the prints and only one of the photo books, so my subtotal is 19.99. Ok, I can handle that. But then I started the check-out process and shipping is 28.76!!! OMG!! That's ridiculous! That's almost a 150% mark-up of my item price. Why is shipping so expensive?? At that rate, I won't be purchasing any of it! Free or not!

19/6/2008 9:35:00

Lori

I am aware of the other websites and their prices, and I do understand what you're saying. As of right now, I have 4 8x8 photo book credits with a certain company. Yes, they are only 20 pages, but shipping is only 7.99. I can live with the 20 pages. It's great that you have 30 pages to your book, but the 11.99 shipping per photo book kills my joy.
19/6/2008 10:56:02

Berry
TotalPost:216
RE:RE:Holy Cow! Extreme shipping charges! Reply

Sorry, shipping fees can't be lower, since it was shipped from Hong Kong, an international shipment.

I believe that we are talking the same "certain company", here are the shipping fees they are charging for international buyers.

International shipping fees.
    1st Photo Book $13.99, $12.00 for each additional Photo Book

And we suggest you to order a photo book from our website, do detailed compare, see who does the best job of hard bound photo books.

Berry
    ArtsCow.com

>I am aware of the other websites and their prices, and I do understand what you're saying. As of right now, I have 4 8x8 photo book credits with a certain company. Yes, they are only 20 pages, but shipping is only 7.99. I can live with the 20 pages. It's great that you have 30 pages to your book, but the 11.99 shipping per photo book kills my joy.
19/6/2008 12:27:30

Shannon
TotalPost:1

I am with the girlfriend! I will not pay $11.99 for shipping FREE or NOT!!! My extreme shipping was $35.97! WOW!!!!
20/6/2008 10:10:07

Karl Bralich
TotalPost:55

>I have 2 photo books, 13 5x7's and 8 4x6 prints in my cart. With the promotion, I don't have to pay for any of the prints and only one of the photo books, so my subtotal is 19.99. Ok, I can handle that. But then I started the check-out process and shipping is 28.76!!! OMG!! That's ridiculous! That's almost a 150% mark-up of my item price. Why is shipping so expensive?? At that rate, I won't be purchasing any of it! Free or not!

I could live with $12 shipping for the first book but charging the same for each additional book doesn't make sense. It doesn't cost 100 times as much to order 100 prints versus one Print. Why should it cost 100 times as much to order 100 photo books versus one? Give us an incentive to order a bunch of books!

peace

karl
21/6/2008 14:03:59

Michal
TotalPost:54

>I am aware of the other websites and their prices, and I do understand what you're saying. As of right now, I have 4 8x8 photo book credits with a certain company. Yes, they are only 20 pages, but shipping is only 7.99. I can live with the 20 pages. It's great that you have 30 pages to your book, but the 11.99 shipping per photo book kills my joy.

Lori can you tell me please what co is that gave you 4 photobooks for free?
    Thanks a bunch
    Michelle
22/6/2008 4:41:25

Admin1 Capricorn
TotalPost:252
RE:RE:RE:Holy Cow! Extreme shipping charges! Reply

hi Michelle,

For 8x8 custom cover photo book (including 30 pages) free credits, it is $11.99/each for the shipping fees of photo books.

Berry
    ArtsCow.com

>>I am aware of the other websites and their prices, and I do understand what you're saying. As of right now, I have 4 8x8 photo book credits with a certain company. Yes, they are only 20 pages, but shipping is only 7.99. I can live with the 20 pages. It's great that you have 30 pages to your book, but the 11.99 shipping per photo book kills my joy.
    >
    >Lori can you tell me please what co is that gave you 4 photobooks for free?
    >Thanks a bunch
    >Michelle
22/6/2008 9:31:40

Peter
TotalPost:21

I was using the shipping799 but it still charged me full price..
7/7/2008 9:50:21

Shannon Kish
TotalPost:35

I agree! That is an OUTLANDISH price for shipping! Unless all of those books are shipping separately, as in separate boxes, there is NO reason why they should cost $12 for each additional book ordered. If they are being shipped separately, then this is a scam since the cost of printing these books is less than the shipping charges alone.

7/7/2008 10:53:52

Amanda Beane

>I agree! That is an OUTLANDISH price for shipping! Unless all of those books are shipping separately, as in separate boxes, there is NO reason why they should cost $12 for each additional book ordered. If they are being shipped separately, then this is a scam since the cost of printing these books is less than the shipping charges alone.
    >
    >>I have 2 photo books, 13 5x7's and 8 4x6 prints in my cart. With the promotion, I don't have to pay for any of the prints and only one of the photo books, so my subtotal is 19.99. Ok, I can handle that. But then I started the check-out process and shipping is 28.76!!! OMG!! That's ridiculous! That's almost a 150% mark-up of my item price. Why is shipping so expensive?? At that rate, I won't be purchasing any of it! Free or not!
    >
    >
    >
    I will gladly pay 12 bucks shipping if I get a free book! I have ordered from several other companies and paid much much more and got less pages. If the quality of these is good, then my business will definitely be coming to ArtsCow over the other companies!
8/7/2008 22:33:32

teys
TotalPost:2

i'm concerned about shipping too because I live in the Philippines and shipping from HK to here shouldn't cost as much as shipping to the US. I've tried to search for shipping rates throughout the site and have not found any. I've ordered from that photobook company and the shipping costs are not that bad from the US to where I live. Do you have the shipping info available or did I just missed it. btw, i just registered right now so i'm not so familiar with the site yet :)

thanks!
9/7/2008 0:37:11

Jan Gemini
TotalPost:30

I try to look at the shipping from a different perspective. When I've ordered my photo books, I haven't looked at the price as free, but paying $11.99 for shipping. I just consider it $11.99 for the book total.

If the offer read "30 page 8x8 photo book for $11.99 with free shipping" I don't think as many people would complain about the shipping cost.
9/7/2008 0:59:29

Amanda Beane

>I try to look at the shipping from a different perspective. When I've ordered my photo books, I haven't looked at the price as free, but paying $11.99 for shipping. I just consider it $11.99 for the book total.
    >
    >If the offer read "30 page 8x8 photo book for $11.99 with free shipping" I don't think as many people would complain about the shipping cost.

I agree, this is a great way of looking at it. I hope it gives some people perspecive!
9/7/2008 2:35:15

Meaghan Aries
TotalPost:581

>I try to look at the shipping from a different perspective. When I've ordered my photo books, I haven't looked at the price as free, but paying $11.99 for shipping. I just consider it $11.99 for the book total.
    >
    >If the offer read "30 page 8x8 photo book for $11.99 with free shipping" I don't think as many people would complain about the shipping cost.

I do think that is a good way to look at it, but i do agree with one point.
    If you order 3 books at the SAME time wouldnt they all go into ONE box? wouldnt that mean you only pay for one shipping rate? maybe a bit more as the box would be more expensive with the other books in it, but still.

I think maybe they should do $11.99 shipping for one book, $7.99 shipping per book for 2-3 books, $4.99 shipping per book for 4-7 books.

Just a thought. It would give insentive to buy more books. I myself have no problem buying ONE book at $11.99. Its when you start buying multiple items that it gets a bit expensive. Just my opinion.

9/7/2008 5:14:48

Shannon Kish
TotalPost:35

That is all good and well, but let's assume that these "free" books will not last for very long. The company cannot survive if it only offers "free" books. So, when the books are no longer "free," not only are we paying for the book (whatever that price may be) but then you are paying $11.99 for shipping alone.

Personally, I do not like to jump from company to company. I actually do professional photography and so I try to stick to a company that has provided good service/quality/etc. When I heard about artscow, I thought that perhaps this might be one of the vendors that I use... but if the cost of shipping is going to remain this high, I will be looking elsewhere.

>
9/7/2008 7:47:06

lil_Jean
TotalPost:1

I agree once these books are no longer free, it will be hard to order from artscow; good quality or not, due to the extreme shipping fees. Right now with the books being free, it's not a bad deal.

That being said, I hope artscow can find a way to over come these shipping fees as to not lose it's customer base it has worked so hard to get.
10/7/2008 20:53:15

ashley
TotalPost:10

I know that this was a topic earlier this month but i could't help but reply to it. because i hate the whining.. i don;t understand how people can get away with complaining when they are getting stuff for free. If your not going to put out any money then don't shop on the internet. I was glad to pay 12 dollers for shipping because my book was FREE!!! i would have paid twice that. This is a no gimmick company, they are simply giving away free stuff to get business... I paid 7 dollers shipping for a peice of clothing within the US.. because i got it for free...like Berry says go get it from another website.. get less and pay more if you can't handle paying 12 dollars. You should be ashamed
22/7/2008 6:41:56

Carol
TotalPost:136
RE:RE:RE:RE:Holy Cow! Extreme shipping charges! Reply

>>I try to look at the shipping from a different perspective. When I've ordered my photo books, I haven't looked at the price as free, but paying $11.99 for shipping. I just consider it $11.99 for the book total.
    >>
    >>If the offer read "30 page 8x8 photo book for $11.99 with free shipping" I don't think as many people would complain about the shipping cost.
    >
    >I agree, this is a great way of looking at it. I hope it gives some people perspecive!

I agree 100%. I see it as $11.99 total. I am pretty sure they keep it at free with $11.99 shipping because they check off 'gift' on the customs form. If you pay for the book and have free shipping they cant check off gift and have to pay customs fees... which means they will have to charge more for their items to make a profit. So either way, you pay the same price, so who cares if it's noted as shipping?
23/7/2008 1:15:14

theliljean
TotalPost:16

Weird. Cause I actually paid for one of the two books I just received and it said gift also. Wonder if that's a customs issue?

I thought there was something weird about all that. Makes sense.
26/7/2008 10:35:58
Page 1 of 2, Total 28 1 2