Your are the 460th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 2 1
AuthorPosts

Joe
TotalPost:2
Playing card designer not maintaining original quality? Reply

I'm trying to design my own playing cards. When I start to insert my designs into the cards on their playing card designer the quality is much worse than when I save them on my computer. I've experimented with different resolution numbers. One is 300ppi (731kb) and the other is 500ppi (1562kb). But both look equally blurry in the windows. So what's going on? Are they just preview windows and not indicative of the real quality of the print?

Update: I've also experimented with .jpg vs .png. I have a .png version ranging from 5890kb to 1508kb both of which show the exact same quality lose in the preview window. So if this is just a feature of the designer program to default everything to the same quality in the preview windows then how can you be certain of what quality you're going to get?
23/2/2015 8:47:43

Brittany Robichaud
TotalPost:8
RE:Playing card designer not maintaining original quality? Reply

I haven't tried designing playing cards yet, but maybe it's the size of the image that's the issue? not just the dpi? Have you made sure you have the required amount of pixels for it's height and width? Just an idea of course
15/9/2015 10:43:38
Page 1 of 1, Total 2 1