Your are the 2458th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 2, Total 24 1 2
AuthorPosts

David Sorkin
TotalPost:3
Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

When does ArtsCow plan to introduce designer software that does not require Microsoft Silverlight?

Microsoft discontinued Silverlight development a few years ago, and Netflix switched from Silverlight to HTML5 soon after that.

Silverlight does not work on iOS, Android, and Linux. Even on Windows desktops, few people have Silverlight enabled, since there are almost no websites left that require it (except ArtsCow, of course). Silverlight no longer is supported in Google Chrome, and it will be disabled completely in September.
21/4/2015 2:54:26

RD
TotalPost:1437
RE:Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

Wow! This appears to be a big deal. Thanks for the heads-up.
21/4/2015 21:46:35

Lanie
TotalPost:321

Hello David Sorkin!

Thank you for the informative details about the issue on Chrome. We will look through this matter and have pass this information to the department in-charge.

If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to email us at "support@artscow.com".

Thank you and have a wonderful week!

Lanie
    Customer Service
22/4/2015 10:34:24

Angie Rogers
TotalPost:2

>When does ArtsCow plan to introduce designer software that does not require Microsoft Silverlight?
    >
    >Microsoft discontinued Silverlight development a few years ago, and Netflix switched from Silverlight to HTML5 soon after that.
    >
    >Silverlight does not work on iOS, Android, and Linux. Even on Windows desktops, few people have Silverlight enabled, since there are almost no websites left that require it (except ArtsCow, of course). Silverlight no longer is supported in Google Chrome, and it will be disabled completely in September.
    >

Is there any way to view previously made projects in my account? I did just order some things in Dec but now can't see any of them. I'd like to order copies. It says I don't have Silverlight installed, but when I click to install it, I get a message that I have a newer version installed. So I can view none of my projects right now :-(
27/4/2015 8:24:10

Lanie
RE:RE:Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

hello Angie Rogers,

You may try following the steps provided below if you are using chrome. Alternately, you may use a different web-browser to check if the software works. For further assistance, please feel free to email our support team at "support@artscow.com".

1) Type "chrome://flags" in the browser's address bar and hit enter.
    2) Search for "NPAPI" on the page.
    3) Click the word "Enable"
    4) Restart the browser.

Thank you.

Lanie
    Customer Service Officer
27/4/2015 16:06:23

Linda Jacobson
TotalPost:5

I've been wanting to get a new calendar, but use a Mac. Have enabled npapi, have downloaded most current version of Silverlight per your instructions...it will NOT work. Assuming it's due to incompatibility with my iOS X Yosemite 10.10.3

It appears I'll not be able to use your site anymore??? I'll miss my ArtsCow products.

>When does ArtsCow plan to introduce designer software that does not require Microsoft Silverlight?
    >
    >Microsoft discontinued Silverlight development a few years ago, and Netflix switched from Silverlight to HTML5 soon after that.
    >
    >Silverlight does not work on iOS, Android, and Linux. Even on Windows desktops, few people have Silverlight enabled, since there are almost no websites left that require it (except ArtsCow, of course). Silverlight no longer is supported in Google Chrome, and it will be disabled completely in September.
    >

28/4/2015 11:28:34

Lanie

Hey Linda,

According to your information, Microsoft Silverlight can only work for Mac user if their operating system is Macintosh OS 10.5.7+ (Intel-based).

For more information about the system compatibility, you may visit https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx.

Lanie
    Customer Service Officer
28/4/2015 12:11:55

Nicola
TotalPost:8
RE:RE:RE:Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

I just got this displayed on my lap top (cant use the ipad or a chrome book to make photo books with you, now I cant use the laptop soon) However, plugins that use NPAPI, including Silverlight, Java and Unity, won’t work.
    are you going to be using newer software in the future? you are missing a LOT OF NEW CLIENTS if you dont keep up and will lose old clients if we cant use silverlight in the future on our computers. What are you planning on doing about it and no, im not emailing support as I never get an answer.
    thanks.

>Hey Linda,
    >
    >According to your information, Microsoft Silverlight can only work for Mac user if their operating system is Macintosh OS 10.5.7+ (Intel-based).
    >
    >For more information about the system compatibility, you may visit https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx.
    >
    >Lanie
    >Customer Service Officer
1/6/2015 9:48:29

Nicola
TotalPost:8
RE:RE:RE:RE:Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

anyone?

>I just got this displayed on my lap top (cant use the ipad or a chrome book to make photo books with you, now I cant use the laptop soon) However, plugins that use NPAPI, including Silverlight, Java and Unity, won’t work.
    >are you going to be using newer software in the future? you are missing a LOT OF NEW CLIENTS if you dont keep up and will lose old clients if we cant use silverlight in the future on our computers. What are you planning on doing about it and no, im not emailing support as I never get an answer.
    >thanks.
    >
    >
    >>Hey Linda,
    >>
    >>According to your information, Microsoft Silverlight can only work for Mac user if their operating system is Macintosh OS 10.5.7+ (Intel-based).
    >>
    >>For more information about the system compatibility, you may visit https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx.
    >>
    >>Lanie
    >>Customer Service Officer
    >

4/6/2015 11:01:09

Lanie
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

Hello Nicola ,

At the moment, we will continue using the Microsoft silverlight software and no new software is being discussed. However, thank you for your suggestion and will forward this information to the department in-charge for future development.

Thank you.

Lanie
    Customer Service Officer

4/6/2015 11:49:53

Vero Cancer
TotalPost:22
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

Hi Lanie,
    I just got the same message from Chrome, advising that shortly silverlight will be unsupported. Does that mean it won't be working any more when using Chrome? what about Internet Explorer?

Thanks, Veronica

>Hello Nicola ,
    >
    >At the moment, we will continue using the Microsoft silverlight software and no new software is being discussed. However, thank you for your suggestion and will forward this information to the department in-charge for future development.
    >
    >Thank you.
    >
    >Lanie
    >Customer Service Officer
    >
    >
6/6/2015 9:23:20

Lanie
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

hello Veronica,

You are still able to use Chrome and might also want to try using another browser such as your suggestion Internet Explorer.

If you are using Chrome, please try the steps below.

1) Type "chrome://flags" in the browser's address bar and hit enter.
    2) Search for "NPAPI" on the page.
    3) Click the word "Enable"
    4) Restart the browser.

Have a good day Veronica!

Lanie
8/6/2015 17:56:45

Joey Parrish
TotalPost:1
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

>If you are using Chrome, please try the steps below.
    >
    >1) Type "chrome://flags" in the browser's address bar and hit enter.
    >2) Search for "NPAPI" on the page.
    >3) Click the word "Enable"
    >4) Restart the browser.
    >
    >Have a good day Veronica!
    >
    >Lanie

Lanie, this workaround will no longer function in one month. Are you aware of that? Chrome 45 is completely removing NPAPI support. (https://www.chromium.org/developers/npapi-deprecation)

Even Microsoft is abandoning Silverlight, and it is no longer supported in IE Edge. (http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/microsoft-wont-include-support-for-silverlight-in-windows-10-edge-browser/)

Is artscow going to wait for its sales to drop before acting on this? You guys *really* need an alternative here. I would love to keep ordering photobooks from you, but that's about to be impossible for me.
11/8/2015 2:22:46

CeciliaAC
TotalPost:591
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

Dear Joey,

Thank you for your concern and we do know about it. This has been forwarded to the I.T. department and we will sure let our customers know if there is any update. When Silverlight is not working on Chrome, please use other browsers. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Thank you!

Best regards,
    Cecilia

>>If you are using Chrome, please try the steps below.
    >>
    >>1) Type "chrome://flags" in the browser's address bar and hit enter.
    >>2) Search for "NPAPI" on the page.
    >>3) Click the word "Enable"
    >>4) Restart the browser.
    >>
    >>Have a good day Veronica!
    >>
    >>Lanie
    >
    >Lanie, this workaround will no longer function in one month. Are you aware of that? Chrome 45 is completely removing NPAPI support. (https://www.chromium.org/developers/npapi-deprecation)
    >
    >Even Microsoft is abandoning Silverlight, and it is no longer supported in IE Edge. (http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/microsoft-wont-include-support-for-silverlight-in-windows-10-edge-browser/)
    >
    >Is artscow going to wait for its sales to drop before acting on this? You guys *really* need an alternative here. I would love to keep ordering photobooks from you, but that's about to be impossible for me.
14/8/2015 16:32:46

Norma Gomez

Silverlight is not working on any of the browsers and the "NPAPI fix' does not work either. It became completely obsolete this month.
17/9/2015 21:20:18

RD
TotalPost:1437

Silverlight no longer works for me using Chrome.
    However, it continues to function in Internet Explorer 11. Note that I am still using Windows 7.

18/9/2015 1:22:45

Norma Gomez

I tried Explorer and it didn't work. I'm on Windows 10 so that may be why.
18/9/2015 7:01:43

CeciliaAC
TotalPost:591

Dear Norma,

Kindly check the system requirement on http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/get-started/install/default.aspx. Thank you!

Best regards,
    Cecilia

>I tried Explorer and it didn't work. I'm on Windows 10 so that may be why.
    >
25/9/2015 17:08:09

Hope
TotalPost:16

This is the first time I had a problem with Silverlight running Firefox. Message said it wasn't installed, I installed and still get error message. Did some research and saw "Support will end for all NPAPI plug ins for Flash in March 2017, when Firefox version 52 is released." I was able to download Firefox ESR (extended support release) but this will support it only until early 2018. This is a major problem for Artscow and I hope you address it.

UPDATE: I thought I had fixed the problem yesterday, but again I am getting a message that Silverlight is not installed, even though I downloaded the Firefox Extended Support Release.
18/3/2017 0:31:28

Jean Petree
TotalPost:36

>
    >
    >

Ever since I did the last update on my Windows computer, I have installed Silverlight a bunch of times and uninstalled, and I still can't use it. Your site keeps sending the "need to install Silverlight" no matter what I do, so I cannot use it anymore.
2/4/2017 4:59:21
Page 1 of 2, Total 24 1 2