Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 3 1
AuthorPosts

Rick Conley
Title:Equine Photographer
TotalPost:37
Be sure to allow enough lead time for shipping .... Reply

I have ordered several hundred calendars over the years from Artscow. I am a semi-retired photographer and these are very popular with my remaining customers and some of the clubs I do photography work for. I love the design software that Artscow provides. I can't find anybody else who provides the design freedom and the great quality I get from Artscow. You would think that I would have learned by now to allow enough time for shipping to the US, however, I did it again. Many of the orders I place using the free shipping option are shipped by Artscow via Fed-Ex and arrive very quickly. Those orders are for anywhere from 15 to 50 calendars. When I only order a couple of calendars or even a singleton, Artscow ships via regular airmail and it can take anywhere from 7 to 30 days before the order arrives. I placed a calendar order in December for one calendar with the calendar starting on January 1. Now it is the middle of January and they sent me a notice that they had shipped my order almost 3 weeks ago, but it still isn't here. Had I started the calendar on February 1, I'd be okay, but now I will have to give my customer a price reduction because January will almost be over before I get it to them. The lesson in all of this is to be sure you allow adequate time for shipping, especially if your materials are time sensitive. Learn from my misfortune.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Rick Conley
    www.ConleysHorsePhotos.com
19/1/2016 4:21:40

RD
TotalPost:1519
RE:Be sure to allow enough lead time for shipping .... Reply

Very good advice. I would only add that people take particular care when ordering items for Christmas. The rise in orders stretch production times and postal services get strained which almost certainly has a negative impact on shipment times. Order early to avoid disappointment (I place my Christmas orders no later than the end of October).
19/1/2016 4:58:22

RD
TotalPost:1519
RE:RE:Be sure to allow enough lead time for shipping .... Reply

Very good advice. I would only add that people take particular care when ordering items for Christmas. The rise in orders stretch production times and postal services get strained which almost certainly has a negative impact on shipment times. Order early to avoid disappointment (I place my Christmas orders no later than the end of October).
19/1/2016 7:35:31
Page 1 of 1, Total 3 1